This is a reminder to all Illinois taxpayers to fill up their tanks with gasoline before Pritzker’s Gas Tax Increase takes effect July 1.
Illinois Governor Jay Robert “J. B.” Pritzker recently approved massive regressive tax increases on gasoline and other items, affecting the poor and middle class.
Some of the tax increases include:
- Doubling the Illinois state gasoline tax.
- Increased license plate fees.
- Increased driver’s license fees.
- Allowed an additional 8 cents in county gasoline taxes.
- State gasoline taxes will be automatically increased every year without future votes.
“Illinois may as well have elected a pirate, seeing how thoroughly Pritzker is pillaging Illinois,” said Jim Tobin, President of Taxpayers United of America. “It is newer and higher taxes as far as the eye can see. Not only that, but these taxes are all regressive in nature. Pritzker has already broken his promise to tax only the rich.”
“The $45 Billion in new spending paid for by these new tax increases needs to be a red line for Illinoisans. We are taxed enough already. This policy of continually raising taxes is killing Illinois. Taxpayers must reject and repeal any new taxes.”
“In the meantime, fill up on gasoline while the prices are still lower.”